This document includes a summary of updates to the eCard product based on the most current release (and a historical record of prior releases)
USER/DONOR FACING CHANGES
Provide optional, default message for eCards
Reorder eCards steps
We have changed the order of the eCards to start with allowing the donor to select the eCard image and provide a global message and subject (screenshot). The next step will allow the donor to add recipients and customize messaging, images, etc. based on the recipient (screenshot). The third step will be a preview of the eCard with the global message and subject (screenshot). If you have the paid eCards the donor will see a fourth step for adding an additional donation. The final step for both paid and unpaid eCards will be donor details, payment information (if applicable), and scheduling the eCard (screenshot).
Hide subject field for physical eCards
We have removed the option for “Message subject” on a specific physical eCard page (since physical cards don’t have subjects!). On the frontend, the donor will no longer see “Message subject” as an available field (screenshot).
Provide additional customization for eCard display
We added a tab to the site options that will allow you to control various components of the eCard design (e.g. font color, font size) (screenshot). Once changed, these will display to the donor on the eCard preview page (screenshot) and on the actual eCard.
Merge entries to export as a single file (per form)
We custom-built functionality to allow the export of all eCard data, based on the applicable form, in one spreadsheet (screenshot). This will combine the order information and any recipient information into one spreadsheet so you can quickly, and easily, review all of your eCard purchases.
Add customization for eCard image thumbnail size
We have added a drop-down to change between small and large thumbnails for the initial eCard step. You can control the size on the “Presentation” tab under “Site Options” (screenshot). The size difference can be previewed here (large - screenshot) and here (small - screenshot).
Add page for client admins to resend eCards based on entry ID
We have added a widget on the backend dashboard (screencast) that will take a client admin to a page that will prompt eCards to resend. On this page (screenshot), you can type the entry IDs separated by commas. When you click “resend” it will resend the eCard and show a confirmation of the donor name with a link to the order information (screenshot). You can find the entry IDs under “Forms” > “Entries” (screenshot).
Allow client admin users to add new users
- Client admins will now be able to select “Add New” under “Users” and create new user profiles (screenshot). You will be able to provide permissions below and up to the client admin level (screenshot).
User/Donor Facing Changes
Add BCC email address to eCards
- The payment page will now include a field for BCC email address. This will collect any email address the user provides and when the eCard order they completed sends (either immediately or on the scheduled date) the provided email address will be BCC’d. The recipient of the eCard will not see the BCC email.
Minor text styling and spacing changes on eCard preview
- There is an additional space (screenshot) between the donor message and the organization message on the eCard preview.
Request optional physical address for eCard recipients
- Within site options (screenshot) you can toggle on and off the option to request physical address for eCard recipients. It is not a required field for the donor. When toggled on they can choose to provide a physical address in the newly displayed fields (screenshot).
Edit confirmation page text
- Within site options (screenshot), we have displayed a new tab. You can use the confirmations tab to edit the text that will display on the confirmation page (screenshot) after an eCard order is submitted. You will be able to supply a different confirmation message with a different WYSIWYG field for paid eCards and free eCards.
Edit email notification text, subject, and email
- Within site options (screenshot), we have displayed a new tab. You can use the notifications tab to edit the “from” name, the “subject”, and the “body” text for your email confirmation. You will be able to supply a different subject and body with different text fields for paid eCards and free eCards.