If you own a car, you probably recognize the importance of regular, preventative maintenance. Owning a WordPress site is similar: it requires regular maintenance to ensure it’s secure, reliable, and stable.
Like any public and popular open source CMS, WordPress has periodic security holes and bugs, and there are ne’er-do-wells actively looking for exploits (along with conscientious community members looking to close those holes).
You can run plugin updates and WordPress version updates yourself, much like many people change their own oil, headlights, etc., but sometimes it’s nice to have a mechanic (or a shop like us) perform those upgrades for you.
Want to make sure your site stays up-to-date, but don’t want to think about it? We’ll make sure your site is regularly updated, backed up, and secure, so you can spend more time focusing on your content and mission!
Basic Support ($800 per year) includes:
- Weekly updates to WordPress Core and plugins (the most common hacking vectors on a WordPress site)
- Homepage visual comparison monitoring to better track any variations caused by plugin updates
- Automated security scans
- Weekly offsite backups
- Uptime monitoring and notifications when your site goes down (including support communication and troubleshooting as needed)
Complete Support ($2,100 per year) includes:
- All of the above from the Basic Support plan
- Assessment of hacking or spam code, within limits (Additional estimates may be needed, depending on the complexity of the case.)
- Visual Comparison Monitoring on homepage and two additional pages to better track any variations caused by plugin updates
- SendGrid or Mailgun configuration, for improved email deliverability
- Support for Fast Tasks from our Cornershop Team
- Discounted Development Rates ($150/hour, instead of our standard maintenance rate of $175/hour) for anything outside the scope of a Fast Task
What’s a Fast Task, you wonder?
- Initial troubleshooting and investigation of new issues (30 minutes or less)
- Quick adjustments to content, images, alignment, styles, etc. (Anything that doesn’t require a substantial code change.)
- Installation of new plugins (though configuration cost may be additional)
If, after our initial investigation, we find that a task is definitely going to take more than an hour to properly address, we’ll provide an estimate of what work needs to be done. After you approve the additional hours, we’ll proceed at a discounted development rate of $150/hour. If we spend less time than originally anticipated, we bill the lesser amount.
Have specific concerns about your site? We’re happy to discuss add-on support as needed, including:
- Hosting support
- Multi-Site support
- e-Commerce support
- Customized, additional functionality tests
Last updated: 06 February 2019